Sunday, December 13, 2009

Limits

  It is a goal of mine to learn some specific things in the next 10 years.  It just so happens that I tend to spread my interests over so many things that when people ask me what I'm into, it usually takes me more than a few minutes to recall them all.  There are some obvious problems with this, particularly when setting goals about what to learn and when.
  The number of things on my list of things to learn in the next 10 years is currently up to 20.  Craziness I know, but if I don't set the goal, I'll never reach it.  Below is the list, in the most logical order I could come up with:

  • IT (Information Technology)
  • Bible
  • Logic
  • Business
  • CAD
  • Drafting
  • Fashion
  • Engineering
  • Fabrication
  • Metalwork / Woodwork
  • Mechanics
  • Survival
  • Martial Arts
  • Dirtbikes
  • Medical
  • Aviation
  • Aquatics
  • Music
  • Linguistics
  • Programming
  Why so many things?  How do you honestly expect to learn all of this.  Is it possible?
  That's the biggest question!  If it's not possible, then I guess I'll just have to wait for God to help me through whatever changes He decides to make.  You see, I feel that this list is not something that I was inspired to make on my own, but that God has had a big part in it's inspiration.
  I believe that I was called into the ministry to become a missionary pilot / board director / linguist / see list above, in south eastern Bolivar in Venezuela.  I feel He would have me start from scratch and organize a brand new mission board.  This kind of task requires certain skill sets, which I currently do not have.
  One morning, I sat at the river bank of the Susquehanna watching the sun rise.  I was tired and ready for bed.  I had just finished working third shift at Tom's convenience store.

  My life was busy; too busy.  I hadn't stopped to reflect on anything in months.  The continuous work and stress had me dull and mentally congested.  In the solace of the moment, I prayed.  I knew I needed to make some changes, because things were all adding up to being just to much for me to handle. In my prayer I asked for wisdom.  Not just wisdom in general, but a very specific kind of wisdom; the wisdom of organization.
  At that moment I felt a peace come over me.  With new ambition, I got up and went home to get some sleep.  Organization means something different to me now than it did before that morning;  it means fulfilling God's plan for my life.
  So is it possible to learn 20 completely different fields of study in 10 years? 
  Ask me in 10 years :)

3 comments:

Dani Pinyol said...

Good luck Nate!

Anonymous said...

Hey, thanks!
I enjoy making wallpapers ^_^

Anonymous said...

I'll have it in mind, and I'll ask you in 20 years.
But maybe it's time to update your blog? :P
Miss our chats!